Wednesday, April 28, 2010

under veiling

there's something here for me about hiding a biological part of who we are that i want to rebel against. not that i want to throw it out there, but i don't accept it as something that is shameful. yet i know of women who don't even look at their own underwear.

it reminds me of when i was in primary school (grade 5) and i was frowned upon because when we played sports and it was warm & i wanted to take my shirt off. i did, but was laughed at as i am a girl, how can i possibly take my shirt off. i was as flat as any boy then. i managed to convince a friend to be part of my take your shirt off group. we didn't keep it up very long.

i am unveiling what is the metaphor? - examining my own relationship to shame, hiding, intimacy of my body, my insecurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment